Gary Boote, Sculptor
Gary works from his home studio backing onto the bush with bell birds tinkling in the background.
Some sculptors and most galleries discourage touching sculptures. To reach out to touch and feel one of his sculptural pieces is the highest compliment that person can pay him.
Gary works in marble, sandstone, limestone, alunite, bronze and Masterworks. He obtains a great deal of satisfaction creating a special sculpture to a client's requirements.
- SculptWorx joint exhibition, $500 grant as part of Newcastle City West ARTwalk 2003
- Exhibits regularly at Darling Park Sculptors Society Exhibition
- Steering committee member and foundation member of the Newcastle Mattra Sculpture Exhibition
- EJE Mattara Sculpture $3,000 acquisition winner 2004 with a 600 mm high limestone sculpture "Continuum"
- On-going exhibition of selected sculptures at Butterflies Gallery Pokolbin
- Foundation member of the Newcastle based Sculptors Network